Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Heck-uv-a Non Scale Victory!

I love driving around my neighborhood, stopping in at all my favorite places to say hello to the staff/proprieters/cashiers etc!  People love to see a friendly face, and I remember when I was morbidly obese I didn't ever see smiles from people (customers) when I would go shopping or get gas or get a refill of green tea at Circle K.  But then, I wasn't smiling back then either.  So can't blame 'em! 

So part of my "routine" during the day is to try to see how many people I can make SMILE!!!  Customers AND staff.  You just never know who just needed to be smiled at that day to make a real difference in their lives.

Call me crazy.

But it is fun!

Every time I engage in a conversation with any of the cashiers or bank tellers or barristas, etc, I always seem to leave the place smiling MYSELF because it is just so awesome to connect with people.

Today, one of the cashiers at Fresh and Easy who has known me for 4 years now, asked me if I was continuing to lose weight.  I told her why yes, as a matter of fact, I was down 20 pounds in the last few months, and had just a little bit more to go.

She shook her head and said "Well, I just have to tell you, you do NOT look at ALL like you have EVER EVER EVER had ANY kind of weight problem or issue.  I mean NEVER."

I just beamed from ear to ear, and she continued "You know how sometimes people will lose weight, and it will be apparent that they did?  They look like they WERE large, and they lost weight?  You don't look like that."

Now that is pretty awesome considering I lost, gained, then lost 140 pounds since 2006!  And I'm 43!

Wow, I thought, I'm comin' in here more OFTEN!!!  Ha ha!

I explained to her that the plan I am on is very much a LEAN BODY MASS SPARING program (when done correctly).  Unlike other programs, the Medifast 5&1 is geared to SPARE our lean body mass (muscle) from being catabolized due to the calorie deficit we are in.  So we can LOSE WEIGHT but lose the RIGHT KIND OF WEIGHT and not just be smaller fat people so to speak.

Isn't that COOL!  Evidence!  It works!  Work it!  And work it AS WRITTEN to get this benefit, which means WEIGH your cooked lean protein, MEASURE your vegetables, DON'T ever skip Medifast Meals, GET all of your appropriate healthy fats in and DRINK all your water!

=)

Pretty awesome.

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: