Thursday, August 8, 2013

Waxing Philosophical on Theory....

Most of my life I TALKED about what the "best method" of weight loss was.  I would read every article I could get my hands on, maybe THIS was FINALLY the solution to my WEIGHT PROBLEM!  I vowed to never take diet pills or injections or get surgery, and I vowed that anything I did had to be healthy for me.

I could talk about the pros and cons of any program out there.  And talk.  And talk.  And talk. 

I spent much of my SUPER-OBESE (Super-Obese is classified as the highest clinical level of Obesity, with a BMI greater than 45) life in my BRAIN attaining HEAD KNOWLEDGE of the proper methods and foods to lose weight in a "reasonable and healthy" manner.

I even got a Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Nutrition because I wanted to figure it all out!  Meanwhile I was the largest girl in the room.

Looking back on the years I wasted doing this futile exercise brings me to the only regret of my life that I cannot change, which is that I didn't find and commit to this plan earlier.  That I didn't know about and pull the trigger on it in my 20's instead of my late 30's and early 40's. 

I think of the tears I cried every time I went in to my closet looking for something that would NOT make me look "so big".  That garment doesn't exist, by the way.  At least I never found it.  By the way, the only clothing that I have found which is successful at making me look "less big" are SMALLER SIZES.  I can definitely say that my size 2 Levi's make me look MUCH less big than the "JMS" Just My Size Walmart Brand Stretch Women's 26 Jeans made me look. 

I think of the fact that my chest rested on the steering wheel of my Volvo when I drove it because I could not get the seat far enough back and still reach the pedals without my chest doing so.  Now?  No problem.

I think of the times when people would look away as I was walking down the aisle of the airplane, as they secretly hoped I wasn't headed to their row.  You see, with a BMI of 48 and being classified Super Obese, I felt and probably looked just about as wide as I was tall.  I spilled WAAAAY over on both sides of my seat, so I always prayed for an aisle seat so I could at least lean in to the aisle in a very uncomfortable way that wrenched my back so that the person in the middle seat could put the armrest down and have a prayer.  But even so, my bum was so large that the seat could hardly contain me, and I WAS touching them UNDERNEATH the armrest with my ample rolls.  And I was crying inside, apologizing in my mind for being so fat.  And literally hating myself.








Now I have about a FOOT of extra seat belt after it is fastened, AND I can see both sides of my OWN airline seat even when I'm sitting down.  I can cross my legs if I want, I can put the tray table down and rest my head on my folded arms ON the tray table if I want.  All of these things were UNHEARD of before.





Why am I telling you all of this?  Because if YOU are still in research mode, and if you are not SETTLED ON AND DOING this program, I urge you to stop wasting any more time second-guessing the nutrition, wondering about the artificial sweeteners and whether they are "healthy", listening to your friends tell you that portion-controlled meal replacements CAN'T possibly be the answer long-term, processed foods are bad, blah blah blah BLAH!

I urge you to start DOING and stop TALKING about doing.  Start LIVING and stop RESEARCHING living.

I can promise you that if you yearn for a new lease on life, you have found the vehicle for that in this plan.  But it takes you DOING it.  I can't do it for you.  I can't want it for you more than you want it for yourself.  It is simply an offering of hope.  You actually have to reach out and make the commitment, grasp the life preserver, and DO the plan. 

So what are you waiting for? Or are you so attached to your "yummy fruit" that you can't BEAR the thought of giving it up temporarily in order to gain your LIFE?

No comments: