Friday, June 28, 2013

This has been a "Stall Week" on the scale!

Ever had those weeks where it is just a flat-out stall?  Yep.  I'm there.  But during these "stall weeks" I always lose inches.  My clothes always fit better.  Because you see, when we are ON PLAN, we are always either losing pounds or inches.  We are rarely losing NEITHER.  Even in a plateau.  IF we are on plan.

I'm cycling my carbs this week, going extra low for a few days with (the now discontinued) diabetic shakes and lower carb veggies, then I'll cycle higher towards the end of the week and see if we can't shake this mini-plateau.  I am within 10 pounds of where I got the "first" time I did "Medifast" in 06/07, I am 138 and my lowest back then was 128, so I think that perseverance and focus will be paramount for the next month or two.  =) 

I was thinking the other day about my response when people ask me "How long did it take you?"  I think I'm going to change my response from "My whole life" to "The REST of my life".  Because this is a lifelong pursuit for me that is present AND future tense.

I am not the same gal I used to be.  I am not aching to be in maintenance again so I can have that bloomin' onion or the Costco birthday cake.  The only thing I am looking forward to having again in maintenance that I choose not to have now, is red wine, and that I will have a glass a day in moderation in maintenance. 

Chips?  Candy?  Cookies?  Pie?  Twinkies? None of that garbage even interests me anymore because I truly feel like I have CHOSEN to orient myself towards HEALTH in the last several years.  With the help of my own Health Coach, and Dr. A's Habits of Health.  DOING the work.

It has been a long time since I have been obese.  Years.  I still remember the pain of it, but it is as though the pain is getting harder to remember with every year that goes by.  I have intentionally developed a fit and healthy mind, and truly feel I do not have "fat brain" anymore.

It is what I wanted to accomplish.  It is possible.

Rinse and repeat!

No comments: