Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Will what you are doing TODAY get you to where you want to be TOMORROW?

Because you are on a path.  And TODAY is the ONLY day you have to choose what that path will lead to.

The best choice you can make today to get to where you have SAID that you wanted to go (towards a healthy weight) is to stay on that path and move forward.  The worst choice (yes the worst) is to to think that somehow what you do today, even in this instant, "won't really matter that much" in the grand scheme of things.

This moment is the ONLY moment that matters.  This day is the ONLY day that matters.

So what does your day look like?  Did you scratch victory out of the hours and the minutes and the seconds?  Did you NOT answer stress with off-plan eatingDid you NOT answer boredom with off-plan eating?  Did you NOT answer loneliness with off-plan eating?  Then you have a wonderful successful tomorrow to look forward to.

Or, did you decide that this little "somethin'-somethin'" was truly just so small that you don't even consider it off-plan?  Did you decide that today is not the best day to stay on plan because of such and so?  Are you waiting for an easier day to really tackle your program?

Well, I got some news for ya.  THINGS don't change, PEOPLE do.

So, have you changed?  Have you decided what you want and does TODAY reflect that desire?  Because if today is not/has not been an "on-plan" day then one of a few things are going on inside your head.

Firstly:  You don't believe the plan works.
Secondly:  You don't believe YOU can work the plan.
Thirdly:  You don't want what you SAY you want, you want sunshine all day long and rainbow ponies to take you someplace that you don't have the dedication and stick-to-it-tiveness to get to by the strength of your resolve and the result of your commitment.

Harsh sounding, maybe.  But I just watched the finale for the Biggest Loser and what I saw on that stage, and the stories behind the struggles gave me a new respect for what "fighting for it" really looks like.

And the "I just couldn't help myself....I just woke up and realized I had eaten...at the end of the day I found I wasn't on plan...." sentiment that I sometimes see from people who SAY they want health, well, that just doesn't jive with what I saw on stage today.  I think if anyone said that to Jillian they would be in for, well, I can't say it on this blog I will get censored, but that sort of "no can-do" attitude had NO place on the biggest loser.  And it really has no place in our journey.

So, what will it be?   Because whatever you are doing TODAY, will determine your tomorrow.  We do the changing TODAY.  We alter our behavior TODAY.  Tomorrow is just an accumulation of a bunch of todays.  So what'll it be?

No comments: