Tuesday, March 12, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons, HEY! FREE LEMONS!

We all know those people in our lives, you know, the ones who can take a picnic in the sun and turn it into the end of the world.

Being Irish, I USED to be one of those people.  I worried about EVERYTHING!  What people thought of me, if I was doing something right, what if the world ends tomorrow, blah blah blah....

I realized something about that way of thinking though, and what I realized is that you end up an exhausted hamster running in the hamster wheel getting NOWHERE.  And most of the time none of those things (like the pesky end of the world) happen anyway!

But we worry, don't we?

So what is the use of that?  When I made the decision to STOP worrying about what other people thought about me, when I made the decision to organize my life around what mattered most to ME and my FAMILY, no matter what others may say or think?  Wow.  Freedom.

And I love my life.  I won't deny it or hide it.  I have been accused of "bragging" about my life, and "bragging" about myself.  And I'm sorry to anyone who is offended about that, if that is the perception than you don't know me very well and that is OK.  Everyone is free to have their perceptions.

What I DO want to shout out to the world is that even a knucklehead like me can do this plan and find success.  Even someone like me who at times felt she couldn't stick to the plan for one day let alone 3 or 7.  Someone like me who doesn't feel like she has an iron will or a steely resolve or an abundance of self control.

All I do is wake up and do the plan.  My first meal is a Medifast meal.  To do anything besides that is pure lunacy in my mind.  Even in maintenance it sets my day up just right.  (I'm not saying you have to use the products for the rest of your life even in maintanance, many people choose to substitute 100-calorie healthy fuelings in the 3/3 plan that is maintenance).  But I do.  Because it helps get my mind right.  It helps me live in the reality of my decision to attain and maintain a healthy weight, to live in optimal health and indeed move towards ultra health.

So I continue.  And if my life or my experiences can help anyone then great.  =)  Take care y'all! 

BTW for an update on my family and my son, my little bambino came down with his first fever since last June so we have been through the ringer these last few days with labs, antibiotic shots, tamiflu, more labs, more shots, etc trying to figure out the cause.  If you are the praying sort, please lift up a short little one for us, when a transplant kid gets a fever it is a big deal.  Thanks again!

No comments: