Friday, March 22, 2013

Changing Our Body Takes Time. Changing Our Mind Takes a Split-Second.

I heard somebody say that on the finale of this season's Biggest Loser.  It really stuck with me.  And it is SO true! 

Think about it.  Changing our body DOES take time.  It DOES take a little bit of time for the Healthy Habits that we have adopted to be reflected by our bodies.  "Allowing for the passage of time" a wonderful Medifaster has said frequently.  Maybe that is why sometimes we don't really grasp the importance, or more accurately the VITAL AND IMMEDIATE AND URGENT importance, of changing our mind.

Once our mind is changed, once we decide that what we SAID we wanted, to attain and maintain a healthy weight, is of supreme importance, and takes precedence over EVERYTHING ELSE that may be going on in our lives, THAT is when we have succeeded.  And that truly takes a split second to decide. 

The rest is just a little bit of time.

Have you CHANGED your own mind?  Or are still still stuck in the hamster-wheel of "On plan during the week, off plan during the weekend".  Or, how about the "I just can't seem to stay on plan for a single day".  Or, have you heard the one about the "I just get these cravings and can't stop myself".....

Yeah, I've heard that one too.  I've heard all of it.  Much of it I have said myself, TO myself.  Do you know when the MOMENT was that I BECAME a healthy weight?  The MOMENT I stopped believing those lies I was telling myself, the MOMENT I was "all in".  Then a little time had to pass.  Big deal.  Time I have.....until I don't anymore.

So take swift advantage of the hours you have ahead of you, my friends.  Will those hours be taking you CLOSER to your goals?  Or will those hours be taking you FARTHER from them?  Or are you stuck in the Hamster-Wheel of Hindrance, which is YOU hindering yourself from achieving what you are SAYING you want?

Find Health my friends!
Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: