Thursday, March 21, 2013

I forgot how it felt NOT to be able to shop in "regular" stores!


I remember when I began this process wearing my size 26 Women's Stretch Jeans, and really busting out of them.  I remember thinking I SHOULD be wearing 28's or 30's, but I refused to buy them.  We're NOT talking "waist" size, we're talking clothing size.  At 272 pounds and 5 foot 3, with a BMI approaching 50, I felt like I was nearly as wide as I was tall. 

And one of the trademarks of being "that big" is that no way no how can you shop in "regular" stores for your clothing. 

Fast forward to now, I had a very interesting experience at Costco yesterday.  Gloria Vanderbilt came out with some SUPER CUTE capri's for summer, and I wanted to get me a pair!  So I searched in the pile of sizes, you know how you do at Costco, just digging and diving and setting rows aside, looking for that magic number!  Well, the magic number I look for NOW is a size 4, because that is my jean size. 

Looking.....digging....looking....digging...until finally I had the presence of mind to look up at the sign above the capri's. 

And my heart sank, then it took off like a hot air balloon because I realized....I have undergrown Costco!  The sign announced that the only sizes available for these capri's were 6-16!  And I'm NOT a 6!  The 6's would have fallen off of me! 

By this time my hot-air-balloon-heart was floating somewhere near the skylights over the frozen food section, so I abandoned my futile effort and skipped over to the frozen food aisle to coax it back down again...and to finish my shopping.

Imagine.  UNDERGROWING Costco.  COSTCO!  I remember going in to Costco as a Class IV Super-Obese (that's one step BEYOND Morbidly-Obese) 40 year old lady and just passing the clothing section by every single time, casting wistful glances to it every once in awhile but KNOWING they never carried anything higher than a size 16. 

I remember thinking "Someday, S.O.M.E.D.A.Y. I will indeed shop the cute clothing at Costco!"

Well, my window seems to have run out, at least for some brands of pants.  I DID find an ADORABLE and BEAUTIFUL Kirkland brand turquiose 3/4 sleeve button-up dress shirt though, in a size Small (4-6) so I snatched it right up and it FITS.  It is hanging in my closet right now waiting to be ironed.  =) 

So there is hope, my friends.  Wherever you are on this journey, REMAIN ON PLAN day in and day out, and by ON PLAN I mean the one that is written in the Quick Start Guide and the Condiments/Healthy Fats publication.  If you DO the plan, you WILL have my kind of success!  Over time, those on plan days add up to stunning results.




Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: