Friday, March 16, 2007

Oh my word, I knew I was headed for a shipwreck this week, and it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Goalbysummer has gone down. Way down. But she's back on the wagon.

Last night we all went to dinner. It was me, my husband, my darling boy, and my mom, dad, and niece, who are all in town to visit us until tomorrow. There were also family friends of my parents who live in Colorado, and like to see my folks whenever they are in town. We went to a restaurant in Longmont called Mike O'Shays. I had a beer. That's where it started. After the beer, I ordered a gin and diet tonic. It was happy hour, so they brought two. I drank both of them. As we were driving home, I was feelin' pretty good, and my mind was plotting what else I could have "off program" at home. Thank the good Lord there were no girl scout cookies in the pantry. I did enough damage with what was on-hand. Started with a bowl if Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. To be honest, it did not taste as good as the MF choc pudding! Then I moved on to a few slices of Banana Bread that the family friends brought over earlier in the afternoon. Normally I don't keep either one of those yummies in the house, because I don't like to have off-program stuff that I like in the house. You can see why. After the Banana bread, I had a few gingersnaps. After the gingersnaps I had a chocolate bar. After the chocolate bar I mindlessly ate handfulls of goldfish. I don't even like goldfish.

After all was said and done, I got so ill I got sick. Didn't stop me from gaining 4 lbs though. I know most of it is fluid but I gotta get it off and back into the 160's. And I gotta figure out how I can get through these stress-times without sabatoging myself.

I think it was a combination of the relief I felt from the Mammogram being fine, (after worrying for, oh, 9 months or so!) and the new stress of my parents being here. My mom isn't doing so well, she threw up in the car last night after dinner. (That's gonna smell great this summer when things heat up!) And the new Chemo is really doing a number on her.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I'm back on today, and am getting all my water in if it kills me. (It won't, by the way!) A very well respected weight loss counsellor of mine once told me "Never ever EVER overeat two days in a row." So whenever I take a dive off the MF wagon (This makes 9 times since July) I'm always right back on the very next meal, or the very next day, whichever comes first.

That's it for now! Bye y'all!

No comments: