Friday, March 23, 2007

99 Pounds of Fat off my Bod!

"99 pounds of fat off my bod, 99 pounds of fat!
I take them off, let them scoff! 99 pounds of fat off my bod!

Yes, people, (or just me if I'm the only one who reads this!) I am One Pound away from having lost 100 lbs! If I can do it by next Tuesday I will have lost 100 lbs in 8 months. I feel good, no, I feel GREAT! One of the most suprising things is that my feet have lost almost a full shoe size! At my heaviest I was starting to buy 7.5 shoes. I just thought my feet had changed since getting pregnant, etc. I heart somewhere they do that. But I think they do that because of the extra weight people gain and then don't take off. Now I'm fitting into size 6.5, and not just in sandals and open heeled shoes. I'm talkin' boots. Nice, mid-calf boots that I've gotten off of Ebay. I never though I'd wear boots again. Not because of my feet, because if that were the case I could've always bought a larger size. No. Because of my calves! I could never zip up the boots. Never! It wasn't happening! So I just gave up on boots.

I just got a pair of Coach rust colored suede boots from ebay for about $40.00. I wore them yesterday and they are great! I'm so excited.

Ok, other than the boots, I noticed today that my body actually has a "womanly" sillouette again, when facing full front. Can you imagine? I could not have imagined it last summer. I was carrying 396 sticks of butter around that I don't have now. But looking in the mirror today, I was seeing a sillouete, where my waist actually goes in in the right places! Crazy, but true.

This week I have cut out the bars and snacks, really watched my half & half consumption (I can't live without my half & half, I'm so glad it's allowed in moderation!) and gotten all my water in. I've also been exercising, and having a shake for at least 2-3 of my meals. And it's working. Yay!

My son has a "psychological evaluation" at Children's Hospital this morning, which is one of the last pieces in the puzzle of getting him listed on the transplant recipient list. He is so sweet. We went up to Estes Park yesterday (a mere 25 minute drive....I LOVE living here!) and walked along the river outside of Starbucks. Then I had lunch with some friends at the Egg and I, I had a Vegetable Frittata with no cheese. It was quite good, and quite filling. I've got a few more "dinner dates" in the next two weeks, and I am determined to make wonderful choices. I'm sure I can do it! I'm going to Chili's on the 2nd, and I'll have a chicken salad, dressing on the side, no cheese or croutons. Then I'm going to the Med on Thursday April 5th, and I'll have a Salmon Salad, no nuts or cheese, dressing on the side. The portions are usually pretty good, I just have to be careful of any extras...oh yes, they also put potatoes on the salmon salad...I'll have them leave those off also. I should be fine.

Then my whole little precious family is going to Phoenix for Easter, it may be the last Easter I spend with my mom. She just isn't doing well. We'll all fly out on Friday, then my hubby will come home on Sunday and I'll stay with Julian until the following Saturday. Should be a good visit. Julian absolutely loves his cousins. And they love him.

Ok, have to sign off now, must feed the little man and get him dressed (and myself too!) to go.

Have a good weekend, all!

1 comment:

Ruthy said...

Hey, Stacy - thanks so much for your sweet comments over on the MF site. You are doing so well; I'm very impressed - and I don't just mean with the weight loss. You've got so much going on right now, and I just wanted you to know I'm in amazement that you are doing everything you are!!!! You really are an inspiration.=0) By the grace of God, right?

Just wanted you to know I'm cheering you on, and I'm adding you to my prayer list. Thanks for being such a wonderful encourager.!

Ruthy