Thursday, March 15, 2007

A New Day

It's Thursday. This week I have really noticed that I still have the capacity to stress-eat. With all that has gone on this week I've been experiencing mental munchies. I even put some Kettle-Korn (microwave popcorn) in my mouth and spit it out. I've gotta get hold of myself. It's the chewing factor, I think, and I'm dealing with it full force. Days like these I end up having a bar every day.

And my water! This morning I made myself drink a big cup of water with a squeeze of lemon in it, and I have my next one right here, determined to drink it while I blog. I'm glad I still have a blog. Blogging is very beneficial to me, makes me write it down and focus on my goals. That way I'm not wandering around aimlessly, with no focus or goal. That's not a good combination for me: mental munchies and aimless wandering. Used to get me into trouble in the past. Now if I could just put things away and do some cleaning while I haplessly aimlessly wander with the mental munchies, ah, well then I'd be accomplishing something. Great idea, Stacy!

I can't get up from this chair until I finish this water. Then I'll feel more hydrated and much better. I think I went all day yesterday without having a glass of water! Bad Stacy!

But atleast I didn't fall down in the Half and Half area yesterday...nor today. It's like every morning I make a decision after my first cup of coffee. Do I have another? My morning coffee always has to have half and half in it, so the decision to have another is actually a decision to start the day off poorly. Sets the day up for failure. I rarely do it. But I've been tempted this week! This morning I had only one cup, then switched to water on purpose. Morning coffee and my Maple Brown Sugar oatmeal are my mainstays. My routine. I have even more resolve if I can get a couple glasses of water in me right off. So! This morning is a good day and will continue to be a good day. I'm going to stay away from the SugarFree Candy today....it gets my mouth moving, and mentally I think it erodes my resolve. I was even tempted by the soy butter last night! (Like peanut butter). And I don't even like it! That's when I knew I just had to go to bed...I thought of Anita and Queenbee and it turned me around with all the advice I've given related to the Peanut Butter issues!!!

Well, I am going to have a "quiet time" and get on with my day. What a glorious day it is! A bit drizzly and misty, a little rainy and a little (very little) snowy. I'll bet everything turns green in the next week or two! Yay!

See you all later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No water? What are you doing to your body? Naughty girl. Get yourself hydrated. I actually will crave it if I haven't had it in a while. Kind of strange!

I am glad that today started off better. "STAY AWAY FROM THE PEANUT BUTTER" anything. There are days that I crave that also but it is not coming back into the house until I am at goal.

As for the munchies, Gum is the only viable solution! I am trying not to even have snacks. When I have the crisps or the crackers it just makes me want more. Not sure why?

Take care!