Tuesday, March 27, 2007

100.5 lbs gone forever

One Hundred and a Half pounds GONE.

I have succeeded in losing 100 lbs. I have become one of the few, the proud, the people who "did it", with "it" being one of the hardest things in the world to do. I know. I've tried "it" before. I've dieted and beaten myself up and lost heart and felt guilty. I've felt downtrodden and hopeless and worthless and scared and depressed.

But this, this accomplishment is empowering. I have done it. I give God the credit for supplying the actual strength, and I give me the credit for choosing to do what is right. Again, it's His part and My part. He's been more faithful than I have! I've eaten off program 8 times in the last 8 months. But each time I would keep getting back on, and re-committ the very next day. About 3 of my 8 "cheats" were blatently off-program meals. But 5 of them were just having extra of what we were allowed...an extra snack, 5 extra snacks, an extra bar, 2 extra bars.

So, I'm off to get my next and last 48 lbs off. I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal. Amen!

2 comments:

Ruthy said...

Amen, Sista!!!!!!!!

Nonnie said...

You are amazing!!!!!