Monday, March 12, 2007

My parents are coming to visit today, along with my niece. They are pulling their motorhome from Arizona, and they will leave it here over the summer so they can fly in and out for more visits. My mom's cancer is doing much better, her tumor-markers are down and the radiation really seems to have shrunk her tumors in her brain. I don't know if they will do surgery or not now...we will see.

It will be good for her to them to see Julian, and vice versa. Julian is really talking alot more now, and learning his letters and his numbers. I think it is very cool.

I called the Dr. about his Epogen, and have discontinued it (did not give last Saturday's shot...gave three doses total) until I hear back from them regarding what his hemoglobin levels are, because Dave and I heard an FDA warning last Friday between segments of Bill O'Reilly that said they are investigating the safety of the drug after many cases of death and heart attack/stroke in patients with Chronic Renal Failure not on dialysis. That is concerning to me, as it describes Julian! If his hemoglobin is above 12, it is not recommended he receive the shots, and that is from an FDA warning last year. They are even revising that warning. So I want to know if Julian is receiving the drug in the manner it should be prescribed, and not in the danger zone.

My weight stabilized after a pretty good drop from last week. I dropped into the 160's, then bumped up to 170 again. I'm just going to keep my ticker where it is, though, and it says 169. I know I'm shrinking, my hubby said he can see more definition in my arms. I know that my hips/thighs/butt are all shrinking too. I can feel it, and I can see it. I have not been in this weight range for 13 years. Elisa, my niece, has never seen me this thin. I'm very excited about it all.

Dave got a flat in the Volvo this morning, about a mile from home. Julian and I were still asleep, and didn't hear his 4 phone calls asking for help. He finally called a tow truck and is now at the tire place. Poor guy.

Well, off to start my day and start drinking my water! I usually put a squeeze of lemon in it and it really gets me "goin'" if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish that lemon would do that for me. I take a flaxseed oil supplement. I am going to try to remember to come here to keep up to date with you.

I am so happy to hear that your Mom is improving. That will be so nice to see her again and for her to spend some more time with Julian.