Thursday, February 27, 2014

What I Saw....Four Years Ago....Fast Forward to Four Weeks From Today.....

Four years ago I had a dream.  Not an "I'm asleep and dreaming" dream, but more of an awake dream.  Not really any  mystical kind of thing, more of a video-reel playing in my head.

When I thought about what optimal health meant to me, and what life would be like LIVING in optimal health, I could see myself fit and healthy, wearing a red dress, on the banks of the Seine River, celebrating at a restaurant after running the Paris Marathon.  I saw it clear as day. 

And I am making it happen.  I even have the red dress LOL.

In 28 days I leave for Paris, France, where I will be a participant (bib#61234) in The Paris Marathon 2014. 

I am going alone.  Solo.  It is kind of a spiritual pilgrimage for me, actually.  I'll spend 11 nights abroad, take a blank journal and a few guidebooks and my trusty running shoes strapped to my backpack. 

And I'll experience that little piece of heaven that I envisioned 4 years ago.  Me, sitting at a restaurant in a red dress after having run the Paris Marathon, being fit and healthy.

After being Class IV Super-Obese for most of my adult life, I truly feel as if I am living a dream.  But not just any dream.

My dream.

What is YOUR dream?  


Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: