Monday, February 10, 2014

Are We Losing Weight or Are We Gaining Health?

How we think about our journey is SO important, and this question is really a pivotal question.

Because if I am focused on LOSING weight, then this program is all about WEIGHT LOSS, about being so much in pain and conflict when I begin that I just can't WAIT to get something OUT of my life.

If, however, I am focused on GAINING health, then this program is all about bringing something amazing and awesome into my life as a result of this process of in fact GETTING HEALTHY!

I choose the gaining health part.

Yes, it truly makes a difference in how this process works in and on our brains.  We don't really like to LOSE anything, do we?  The thought of LOSING something puts me on edge.  It speaks of loss.  

When I am old and a lot wiser than I am now, and I reflect upon my life, I will not be focusing on what I have LOST in this life.  I will be focusing on what I GAINED.  Grace.  Love.  Health.   Faith.  Family.  Mercy. 

I want to be an expert on my own HEALTH, not an expert on HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT.

I don't know if that makes sense, but it is something I was thinking about on my 6 mile train run today in the mountains south of Phoenix.

No comments: