Sunday, February 9, 2014

Never Take it for Granted

This program is truly a miracle.  Thing is, sometimes we begin to take miracles for granted.

What does that look like?  Have you ever uttered the phrase in your mind that sounds something like this?  "It'll be fine, I can hop right back on Monday and lose these 2 pounds (or 5 pounds or 10 pounds or 20 pounds or 40 pounds) if I want to.  I know this program will always work for me, and be there for me, so I can re-engage with it anytime I want and lose that last 5-or-10-or-20-or-40 pounds.

I have experienced that mentality before, and I guard diligently against it now.  Here's the thing.  We can get so secure in the knowledge that this plan really truly works for us that we can hold it out as a "tomorrow" thing WHILE we are indulging TODAY and making a habit out of being OFF plan. 

And the habit of being OFF plan, those habits of disease, come back quickly I can assure you.

Some say it's a lot of WORK to be on this plan.  I say it is a lot of INTENTION to be on this plan.  Intention is not work.  I used to confuse the two all of the time, because I felt like if I had to actively THINK about a process it MUST be WORK because THINKING was EXHAUSTING! 

But then I realized that instead of feeling like INTENTIONALITY was a negative, a bummer, a big deprivation and a killjoy, I had a choice.

I could switch things up in my mind so that I chose INTENTIONALITY as a joy, a privilege, a creative process, a wonderful unveiling of my TRUE self and my TRUE potential as regards my health.

So I did!  Then it wasn't always WORK to be on plan today.  It was intentional, and a choice, but it wasn't a drudgery it became a hope-filled process.  Because I made it so.

Where are you RIGHT NOW?  It is Sunday.  Did you go in to the weekend with an attitude of "just this once, and I can hop back on Monday".  I challenge you with this blog to make your NEXT meal a Medifast meal, choose TODAY to work TOWARD your health goals and count it a JOY to do so.

Beware of RESTING and being confident in the "I can always restart tomorrow because THIS PROGRAM WORKS!".....

As we know, tomorrow never really comes.  And today is the tomorrow you spoke about yesterday, so think of it THAT way.  Today IS yesterday's tomorrow.

How will you manage yourself TODAY?

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: