Saturday, March 1, 2014

DANGER WILL ROGERS DANGER! Healthy Habit ALERT!!

I received my FitBit Force on Thursday of last week and after charging it at 5pm I set about logging steps.  I did manage to get in 5,000 steps by the time I went to sleep, and then logged over 24,000 steps the next day, Friday.  I was SO PLEASED with myself!  Tickled actually! 

But then I activated the "sleep activity tracking" feature last night for the first time.

Uh-oh.

Danger Will Rogers! 

It is a reminder to me that there is MORE to living a life in Optimal and Ultra health than SIMPLY losing close to 150 pounds, maintaining a healthy BMI long-term, and (for me) running a Marathon (I have trained up to and including 20 miles and am running the Paris Marathon on April 6th...my first full marathon event EVER!)

SLEEP!

The recommended sleep for a woman of my age is 6-8 hours. 

When my fitbit synched with my computer this morning I had the baseline reading which has, let's say, STRONGLY ENCOURAGED me to put a laser focus on the Healthy Habit of Sleep as my next Habit of Health to work on.

It told me what I think I instinctively knew, that I need to change my ways.

For ALL of last night in bed, I ended up with a TOTAL SLEEP TIME of, (are you ready for this?)....

1 hour and 58 minutes.

Uh-Oh.

Apparently FitBit told me I averaged a 40% efficiency, and was very restless 9 separate times last night. 

ONE HOUR AND 58 MINUTES of restorative sleep!  Oh man.  I am getting right into my book and reading the "Healthy Sleep" chapter.  Today.  I am going to make some REAL changes.

Starting today.

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: