Sunday, March 9, 2014

What a fun day! RG3-Warner-Fitzgerald-Urlacher-Bledsoe

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life so far!  I say so far because it seems like almost EVERY day becomes my BEST day when I am in control and living the life I want to live! 

But a little about YESTERDAY.  If you are at ALL in to football, then you will recognize these names...

RG3 (Robert Griffin III), Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, Urlacher, Bledsoe, Ponder, Rivers, Smith, Irvin

These are the peeps who were at Kurt Warner's Foundations' Charity Fundraiser Day yesterday (see photo below, I did not take the picture but I was standing next to the man who did!), the Extreme Football Experience which involved 8 Flag Football Teams, each with a celebrity quarterbacking the team.  I was a volunteer because I have a special place in my heart for both the Warner family AND the work that they do with their Charitable Foundation called First Things First (www.kurtwarner.org) .

They took our family on my son's "Make-a-Wish" trip in 2009 to Disneyworld and I got to spend some time with them for a week.  I was at my heaviest.  Brenda Warner is the one who told me "It's never too late to become the person we 'might have' been" and she is one of my real-life inspirations and heroes.

Here's the thing.   Four and a half years ago I was huffing and puffing walking around Disneyworld.  It was torture.  I was hot and miserable.  I got stuck in the turnstiles and they had to let me through the stroller gate.  I needed a seat belt extender on the plane coming back (but not GOING, which showed me I was STILL EXPANDING by the week!).   I had a BMI approaching 50.

Yesterday at the fundraiser I was assigned as the "shadow" to the professional photographer.  This meant that for about 6 hours it was my job to run around the field with him with a clipboard so I could keep track of who he had photographed and who he still NEEDED to photograph in order that all teams would have lots of action shots to document the day.  I had my FitBit on, and I logged 9 miles yesterday of walking/running.  I never broke a sweat.  I wasn't huffing and puffing.  I was in the sun all day long, with a hat, sunscreen (yes I re-applied every 2 hours), appropriate long sleeved but very light activewear, my Asics running shoes (new pair had to break in before the Marathon next month), and my sunglasses. 

And I felt like a million bucks.  Fit and healthy.

My question to you:  Where do you want to be eventually?  Are you willing to sacrifice a few things NOW for what you want eventually?  Or are you still stuck in the oscillating pattern of lose-gain-repent-repeat because you've never deliberately gone about changing your WANTS?

What do YOU want?

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: