Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Me? A Famous Athletes' Wife? Never Had THAT Before!

I love reporting on the "health side" of being fit and healthy.  I love letting people know that it IS possible to go from Class IV Super-Obese walking with a cane and getting stuck in the turnstiles at Disneyworld TO a fit and healthy woman who LOOKS fit and healthy also.

On Monday I was flying back from New York to Phoenix.  In that it was a 5+ hour flight, I went the back of the plane, to the galley, just to stretch my legs and get a can or two of water, and in so doing I got to talking to one of the flight attendants about health (as I usually do it seems!).  When she found out that I had lost almost 150 pounds her eyes popped out of her head.  I had to show her a before picture before she could believe it.  "But you don't look like you've EVER struggled with your weight in your LIFE, like EVER!  You look like one of those 'Famous Athletes' Wives' or something!  I thought you WERE!"

One of the things that excites me about this plan is that when people DO it, they don't just end up looking like smaller versions of their formerly obese selves.  What they DO end up looking like are fit and healthy people, it seems, even when they do light to moderate exercise as they approach a healthy BMI.

WHY IS THIS?  Why is this program unique in that aspect? 

Well, it is because this plan is among the best out there in it's "lean body mass sparing" aspects.  It SPARES your muscle mass, your lean body mass, and it UTILIZES your fat reserves for energy.  In fact, it has been proven as one of THE best programs in terms of this specific quality!

And I LOVE it!

You see, when you are primarily burning fat as a fuel source on a consistent basis, AND you have more-than-adequate high quality protein consumption at the same time, which this program accomplishes in SPADES (PROVIDED YOU ARE WEIGHING YOUR COOKED PROTEIN!!), as your fat melts away it uncovers the muscles you ALREADY HAVE.

And, I can tell you that if you have come from the obese category, you ALREADY have awesome MUSCLES because your body has had to carry your excess weight around for years.  We already have the muscles.  We just need to uncover them. 

So what am I saying?  I am saying HARNESS the amazing aspects of this LEAN BODY MASS SPARING PLAN by ACTUALLY and IN FACT following the plan.

Don't go killing yourself at the gym. 
Remain WITHIN the plan boundaries in terms of your exercise.  Spend that energy following the plan as outlined in the Quick Start Guide.  Follow it EXACTLY.  Do NOT modify it in any way.  Modify YOU.  If there is a conflict between what the plan says and what you are doing, change your actions and NOT the plan.

Then rinse and repeat!  =)

No comments: