Friday, January 31, 2014

Are you waiting...and waiting...and waiting...for that PERFECT moment to start getting healthy?

There really does not exist a "perfect" moment to decide to get healthy.  So take THIS moment, and MAKE it perfect by making that decision.  Now.  Today. 

If you feel a little bit of panic at reading these words, I'm not going to say "then you aren't ready".  What I AM going to say is TAKE THE MOMENT.  Make it THIS ONE.

Nevermind that you have your friends' husbands' dog's birthday party to attend a week from Tuesday at 3:47 in the afternoon.  THIS is the moment you need to decide.

Because if not, seriously, then when?

As you are NOW so you SHALL BE.  Are you ON PLAN now?  This moment?  This day we call "today?"

If not, then I suggest you decide what you desire.  What you want.  Why you want it.  If you want the yummies, you will always get the yummies.  If you want health, then you will do what it takes to obtain it.

So forget what happened last night at 11:34 pm as you were foraging in the pantry seemingly throwing your hopes and dreams for health out the window.  Forget that more-than-a-glance you gave the cookies in the breakroom yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday.
Doesn't.
Matter.

It is TODAY and your very NEXT decision which determines the direction you will go.  So what'll it be?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so right Stacy! Make a decision today and everyday you wake up to do your food plan "today"..or even moment by moment. .. then repeat. Then when you step on that scale and see it moving DOWN in the direction you want you will smile the biggest smile EVER knowing you are succeeding! Finally a plan that actually works and you will be so glad you are deciding again every day to repeat that success. Barbi

Teresa said...

I started my TSFL journey on last Monday, and my 50th birthday is this Sunday. I struggled to know when to start this program. My big (and small) events have always included lots of food. My health coach reminded me that there will always be an event, to which I thought to myself, "but it's my freakin' 50th birthday!" In the end I chose to honor and celebrate ME by taking better care of myself NOW. In just a few days my attitude about food has already started changing, and I know that my 50th birthday can be fun and meaningful without cake and etc. Thank you for your blog. I look forward to your new posts. :)