Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"You Know You Want It......"

.......came the comment (more like the taunt LOL) from the Costco Sampler Lady who was baking fresh (from a mix) cornbread today.

Actually, I don't.  Really.  Truly.  Honestly, and from every fiber of my being.  I don't want it.  It doesn't tempt me, haunt me from the other aisle, linger on my memory as I wander into the fresh meat section with any "I wish I could have that" thoughts. 

The truth is, I can have it.  I can have anything I want, as much of it as I want, whenever I want.  And what I DON'T want is cornbread samples from Costco.

So no, I know that I DON'T want it.  I've been the consumer she IS actually targeting before.  I've BEEN the morbidly obese fat girl wandering from Costco sample station to Costco sample station, just because FOOD was AVAILABLE to me.  Didn't really matter WHAT was being sampled, whether it was cheesecake, sugared almonds, chocolate truffles, chipotle-raspberry-sauce-on-cream-cheese on Ritz, tuna salad, mozarella poppers, whatever.  You can bet I'd be in line, standing quietly, waiting for that hot pocket to come out of the toaster oven, waiting for the sample-lady to cut it up into 8 bite-size pieces and put them in the little paper-cup thingies.  Oh yes.  I remember.

I also remember how I felt back then.  I remember the lumbering way I used to walk, arms swinging OUT from my shoulders instead of straight down, because I was as big around my middle (circumference) as I was tall.  I remember wondering if I would be able to have enough room to get in and out of my car door depending on how close someone had parked to me.  I remember wondering whether the theater seat would fit me.  Wondering whether the booth the waitress was taking us to had enough clearance for my very large middle, and should I just request a table BEFORE we even GET to the booth so I don't have to find out?  Wondering whether the intermittent pain I felt in my chest was REALLY anything to worry about.....

I'll tell you how life is different now. 

I can wear everything in my closet.
I can greet the day with a smile, and everyone in it.
I can squeeze through a turnstile sideways without even engaging the metal turny thingy!  (I remember getting STUCK in the turnstile at Disneyworld in 2009, they had to let me through the stroller gate with no stroller)
I can walk down the center aisle of an airplane straight on, no turning to the side, no scooching sideways at all.
I can put my seatbelt on in the car AND in an airplane with plenty of room to spare.
I can run 10 miles without walking.
I can wear knee-high zip-up leather boots.


Pure Joy.

I'll tell you what I truly wake up WANTING.  Nothing.  I don't WANT for anything anymore.  I am truly content with my HEALTH, my LIFE, all of it!  I am living in Ultra-Health right now and sure I suppose I could trade that for a piece of Costco Cornbread from the Sample Lady, but, naw, I don't WANT to.

Honestly.

Rinse and Repeat! 

No comments: