Saturday, November 16, 2013

That Little Voice In Your Head Telling You That You Can't Do This Is a Liar!

I was just looking at accommodations in Paris in April for when I run the Paris Marathon.  Me.  Run.  The Paris Marathon. 

Can I tell you how exciting it is to greet every day with optimism instead of the despair I used to feel as a Class IV Super-Obese person who needed a cane because her knees hurt so much?  If anyone was allowed to have a reasonable doubt of my ability to be a healthy weight, let alone run a MARATHON someday, it was ME! 

I decided to ignore my doubts.  I decided to live EACH DAY in accordance with the knowledge of the FACT that if I followed the plan EXACTLY, over a matter of time I WOULD become a healthy weight.

Eventually I even began ignoring my doubts about whether or not I could actually be an athlete, and I BEGAN to BE an athlete.  I started slowly, just walking.  Then, as I had more energy and was moving towards "just" overweight (from obese) I challenged myself with the C25K Free Podcast Program in order that I might be able to run a 5K someday.

And I ran a 5K.

Then I set my sights on a 10K.  And I ran a 10K.  Then a sprint-distance triathlon.  I didn't finish that, but I DID participate.  I HAD BECOME an athlete, and I had the triathlon wetsuit (which I fit into!) to prove it.

Now I am training for a full Marathon.  And I am solidly an athlete.  And I am solidly a healthy BMI.  And I am living SOLIDLY in Optimal Health on my way to Ultra Health.

Because I ignored that little voice.  It never disappeared, I just learned how to identify it and put it into the same category I put fairytales.  Not.  True.

And I DID every day what I knew would take me towards all of my goals.

Simply?  Move a little more, and adhere to the food plan.  Drink my water and read Dr. A.  Act EACH DAY in accordance with where I wanted to be EVENTUALLY, not allowing the momentary temptations or doubts to bloom into action.

Was I perfect?  No.  Was I consistent?  Yes.  Did I persevere?  Yes.  Anytime my foot slipped I would pick myself up again and make my next meal a Medifast Meal.  Every.  Time.

And, OVER time, results are obtained.  Every decision you make TODAY, this instant, will have an impact over time if it is repeated daily.  So make today count.  TODAY.  It WILL shape your tomorrow.  And it can lead to STUNNING results or TRAGIC results.  You choose.

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: