Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Weird New Trick Solves Your Weight Problem Once and For All!

Boy that would sure get my attention if I saw that guarantee somewhere!  I mean, really, who DOESN'T want their weight problem SOLVED once and for ALL?  Gone?  Kaput?  Never have to think about it or worry about what will fit you in your closet and what won't again!  Never have to look at those pesky shaded charts on the back of the Spanx package to pronounce your fate of which letter size you fall into, hoping it isn't still a D or E.  You know what I'm talking about!

Here's the thing.  Sure I'm not morbidly obese anymore.  Sure I'm a healthy weight.  Sure it took time.  But I didn't "Solve my weight problem". 

This body, and the way it functions, is still the same body which was capable, if I allowed it, to be Class IV Super-Obese.  I will never "solve" the way my body uses calories and certain types of foods. 

What I'm trying to say is that I give a PROPER RESPECT and consideration to the limitations of my body every single DAY. 

Every.
Single.
Day.

People say "the hard part is maintaining".  And to that I say "It's all hard....but it is all worth it!"  It is simply giving EACH DAY it's due, and respecting my goals, my eating plan, and my limitations.

It's not a once-for-all-for-always decision, nor is it a once-for-all-for-always action.  Now I know this is a tough pill to swallow for us "All-or-nothing" mentality folks.  I used to be an all-or-nothing mentality person, and what it usually left ME with was NOTHING.

There is no "final decision" or "magic thought switch" that will transport you to a world of being able to disregard the limitations of your body.

BUT, if you DESIRE health, you have chosen the RIGHT METHOD to get you there.  This health plan I coach for is indeed a Maserati of plans, it will get you there safely, rapidly, effectively, if you EACH DAY submit to the plan and follow the directions and recommendations.

But each day is a new choice. 

I didn't decide "once-and-for-all" in July of 2010 to "finish this thing and be done with it already".

What I DID decide was to take that first step towards health, and stay on plan THAT DAY.  Once I got through THAT DAY, I got through the NEXT DAY.

But the decision and the choice is always one I have to re-make every single morning, and it looks something like this:

Good morning me!  Today I have a choice.  I can either act in accordance with my goals of attaining and maintaining a healthy weight/optimal health, or I can NOT.  What am I gonna choose TODAY?"

And the choice is ALWAYS OPTIMAL HEALTH.

At the end of the day, did I always succeed 100% in my endeavor?  Most days yes, some days no, but I take it ONE DAY AT A TIME and I never waiver in my commitment to MAKE THAT DECISION every morning.

Some mornings it is harder than others.  Especially if the night before I indulged in something that would NOT take me closer to my goals.  The carb-brain takes over and I don't FEEL like choosing health that day.  But on THOSE days I do it anyway.  I make the choice.  In the morning.  First thing.

All I have to do is GLANCE SIDEWAYS at the alternative for me if I DON'T daily choose health.  And that alternative is in my BEFORE photos wearing a PINK shirt and she doesn't look happy at ALL.

No, I choose health.  I choose it every day.  And twice sometimes on Sundays.  =)  And let me tell you the peace and joy I feel when I do.  It is very real.

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: