Saturday, November 23, 2013

Who WAS That SMURF?

Yesterday I had 3 miles on the schedule to run for my Paris Marathon Training!  Problem was it was raining CATS AND DOGS the entire day, and it was even a little bit chilly (and that is SAYING something for Arizona!).  By the time I could get out the door it was getting dark, but I was NOT going to NOT do it.  It was on the schedule.  Didn't matter how I felt.  Didn't matter what I WANTED to do right that moment.



So, I put on all my gear and went out the door.  Got SOAKED within 5 minutes, so returned and found my TSFL Rain Poncho!  I had packed it in my backpack already for Paris (which isn't until April, but I'm kinda excited for it as you can tell), and I opened it up and put it on and away I went! 

Sometimes ya gotta do what you may not think you want to do just because you decided it was important.

What are your plans this week?  Have you decided that it is just "too much stress" to adhere to your food plan while the Holiday week unfolds (or unravels, depending on how you look at it)?

Then you are probably holding your breath while you are doing this plan.  You are white-knuckling it, using all of your energy and are probably EXHAUSTED trying to adhere to your "diet".

If I didn't have a strong "why" you better believe I wouldn't have been out last night in the dark cold rain running 3 miles.  Who does that?

Someone who has determined that doing that is necessary to achieve a greater goal.  Someone who not only wanted to ATTAIN, but wants to MAINTAIN optimal health.

Are you looking at today's food plan as a drudgery?  Something to "get through" and something to be sort of miserable and unhappy because you HAVE to do it?  I encourage you to rediscover WHY you are doing this whole thing.

Are you focusing on being DEPRIVED of all the YUMMY FOOD this next week?  Is it putting you in a right bad mood?

It is the plain truth that there are people on this site RIGHT NOW maybe even reading THIS BLOG who will decide that it is just TOO HARD to DIET over the Holidays.  They will decide to "take a break" for a couple of weeks, you know, just until after Christmas or New Year, and then they'll "get back at it" because it will be "easier".

Is that the goal?  Easy? 

Or is the goal that you want out of your fat suit? 

Is the goal convenience?

Or is the goal that you have a tiny spark of hope inside you that maybe, just maybe, you can RADICALLY CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

I challenge you to fan THAT flame.  Fan the flame of radical change.  Is it easy and painless?  No.  Easy and painless would be anesthesia.

I was done being numb.  I chose life.  I chose health.

What will you choose?

No comments: