Sunday, November 24, 2013

This Program is SO EXPENSIVE!!!

I cannot believe how expensive this program is.  It really is a shock to my wallet!

I just spent $$$$ on a PLANE ticket to PARIS and $$$$ on pre-paid lodging on Airbnb.com to stay in a cozy HOUSEBOAT moored at the BASE of the EIFFEL TOWER for 11 nights so I can run a MARATHON that cost me $$$ to register for (my bib# is 61234).

I cannot tell you how much of a surprise it is how EXPENSIVE this plan really is.

I can tell you, I would not HAVE to be spending this money right now if I had just LISTENED to that little voice in my head at the BEGINNING, when I started the plan with 140 pounds to LOSE.

But I guess I can't go back in time NOW, it is TOO LATE FOR ME.

LOL.

All kidding aside, let me be candid here.  When I began the plan in 2010 I can tell you from the bottom of my heart our financial situation was NOT in the place where we could easily add $300+ a month to our budget.  But we made some HUGE sacrifices.  We prioritized ALL of our entertainment budget, gift budget, clothes budget, vacation budget, etc into my monthly MEDICINE, which is what I considered the PCMR's to be (The PCMR's are the only thing you pay for on this plan, besides one book which has the educational component for behavior modification in it).

I had no "diagnosed" medical condition except for plantar fasciitis and a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome suspicion from my college days.  But I was not living.  I was slowly dying inside AND outside with a BMI of OVER 47, and I had just purchased a cane because my knees hurt when I walked.  I got stuck in the freaking turnstiles at Disneyworld in Florida on my son's "Make-a-Wish Trip" when he was 4 years old after he had his kidney transplant.  Life was not looking hopeful for me, and the prospect of life as a Class IV Super-Obese (that is one class BEYOND "Morbid-Obese") individual was unable to get health insurance OR life insurance.  I was a ticking time bomb.

Had I STAYED in denial because "the food costs $339 a month" and NOT taken action, I cannot tell you where I would be right now because there just are no guarantees in life and I was a prime candidate for a sudden, massive coronary event that could have TAKEN my life.

But instead, I looked at the PCMR's (Portion-Controlled Meal Replacements) as my lifeline, my tools, my medicine, and I looked at myself as the person who would run the Paris Marathon IN Paris someday.

That someday has a date.  It is April 6th 2014, Lord willing.

And now I have a plane ticket on British Airways.  And I have a place to stay, which looks like the coolest place on the PLANET to stay, a little houseboat moored right on the Seine River at the base of the Eiffel Tower.  I saw what my life COULD look like, if I committed to MAKING IT SO one day, one decision at a time.  When I fell I got up.  When I ate off plan for a day I got right back on plan immediately.  I carved this out with my determination and what I am trying to say here is that ANYONE CAN DO THIS.

ANYONE can decide, TODAY, that you are going to create something amazing with this process.  Whether you want to dance, skydive, horseback ride, kayak, snowboard, ski, WHATEVER IT IS, fix it firmly in your sights and keep at it.

And know that changing your life can indeed be EXPENSIVE.  =)

Indeed.

No comments: