Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Does Tomorrow Ever Come?

Something I seem to learn time and time again is that the best of intentions do not a reputation make.  It is ACTION that speaks louder than words ever can.

Sometimes I have rested in the security of my INTENTIONS only to realize I've actually been stuck in an oscillating pattern of denial.

For example, ever try this one on yourself?  "Yeah, I know I'm up a few pounds but I can always get that off....."

It's the "Always" part that is a dead giveaway for me now.  When I start those rationalizing "Always" statements in my head is when I know I need to step back and really have a look at what I mean to do.  The actions I mean to take. 

Because this plan works SO well that it can give me a false sense of security when I start thinking "well I can ALWAYS get serious and just do it already."

Really?  How is that working out for me?  Am I ALWAYS saying that and NEVER doing it?

So really what I need to hear when I tell myself that is....

"Blah blah blah."

Because that is about the meat of the issue.

Henry Ford did say that a reputation is not built on intention.  It is built on action.  I want to be the one that proves to myself every day that I can consistently practice the habits of health.  Over and over.  Today.  Not tomorrow.  Today.  

Because last I checked, tomorrow NEVER comes.  My life has, since the day I was born, been a bunch of "todays" lined up in a neat little row.  So what am I doing TODAY to meet my goals?  What am I doing with my NEXT decision?

Rinsing and Repeating, that's what!

No comments: