Sunday, April 7, 2013

Revisiting My Why

Sometimes I decide to take an extra long walk with myself to really focus on my "Why".

What is a "Why" and why do we need one?

A "Why" is your "Reason".  If I were to ask you "Why do you want to be healthy?"  What would you say?  Do you HAVE a reason?  Or have you always just gotten as far as "To Lose Weight".

I challenge you, if your first response was "To Lose Weight" to really take this next week and try to identify what positive and beautiful things and situations you can bring IN to your life as a result of attaining and maintaining a healthy weight.

So often we focus on what we DON'T want in our lives anymore.  I don't know about you, but these things, when I think about them, don't inspire me to be or to do my best.  But when I turn it around, and think about how my life has the potential of being if I indeed continue working on my goals and dreams of being and staying healthy, well heck, I end up inspiring myself! 

And that is kinda the point, isn't it?  To be an inspiration to ourselves?  To find it within our OWN heads and hearts the desire and the motivation and the where-with-all to continue this process that we KNOW works if we work it correctly?

So what is your WHY?  If it involves you wanting to get something OUT of your life, running FROM something, flip it around to a positive instead of a negative.  Find a way to express a similar sentiment but focusing on what you will bring IN to your life with this process.

For example:

I want to lose weight = I am running away from this fat
I want to get healthy = I am running towards health

Even those two simple concepts illustrate the difference between a "diet" mentality and a "lifestyle of health" mentality. 

So which will it be for you?

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: