Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sea Kayaking, Wave Running, Swimming in the Caribbean, Sitting in the Hottub!

Hiking up a tower. 

These are all things I would not have drempt of doing 2 years ago, at my high weight.  But I have done them ALL this week.  I went Sea Kayaking at night in a bioluminescent bay.  I went wave running on a jet ski with my niece, IN A SWIMSUIT.  In public.  I went swimming in the Caribbean.  IN A SWIMSUIT.  In public.  I went in a resort jacuzzi, with a bunch of people I don't know very well, IN A SWIMSUIT.  In public.

Life is grand, but it wasn't handed to me like this.  I had to make my choices to choose optimal health, so that is what I did.  I chose it.  I made it happen.  It didn't "happen" to me. 

Life doesn't change.  People do.

Do you ever just wish that life WOULD change?  That you WOULDN'T have that colossal struggle every day just to make the right choices?

Well, I am here to tell you that IF you DO make those RIGHT choices, and you DO CHANGE, your life has the chance to be exactly what you make it.

Are you huffing and puffing when you walk up 1 flight of stairs?  Are you not able to fit behind your steering wheel without becoming "one" with the steering wheel so to speak?  Does your car seatbelt not fit anymore?  Do you eye chairs to make sure they are wide enough before you sit down in them?

I used to do that too.  But I can tell you this:

IF you will choose to stay ON PLAN today, JUST today, you can have all the health you can handle.  Honest.  That has been my experience.

If you will choose to stay ON PLAN today, then the only thing separating you from your goal is just a little bit of time.

So what will it be today?  On plan or not?

This has been a blog written from the beautiful Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.  =)

No comments: