Sunday, February 17, 2013

I'm leaving on a jet plane....but I had a blast packing!

Today was SUCH a fun day, I packed for my trip to Puerto Rico!

It seems like only yesterday that every trip I took began with the dreaded hunt in the closet for something, anything, maybe even a FEW items that would still fit me, that I could still wear and wouldn't me look too fat.  Packing used to be so traumatic I ended up crying sometimes because I didn't have anything I could wear. 

That was then.

Fast forward to now, and I have an abundance of beautiful clothing that FITS ME!  And that I look GREAT IN!  From size 2-6 dresses, and size 4-6 jeans.  I waltzed around my closet deciding what I WANTED to wear and what was appropriate for sitting in the sun under a palapa on the beach.  Oh yes, that would be my SMALL one-piece bathing suit I bought from Costco last year.  Tied about the waist with a beautiful sarong

Oh my goodness.  If I could bottle this happiness and give it to all of you who are JUST beginning this exciting and amazing transformative journey, I would be even MORE happy than I am as I type this.

And I am SO excited about all the activities I'm going to be doing there!  I will be hiking in the El Yaunque Rainforest, I will be Sea Kayaking in the Bioluminescent Bay at sunset, I will be going out for an all-day shopping/sightseeing excursion and ALL of this while keeping up with my 18 year old niece who has super-long legs!  I'm a shortie, but I WILL keep up. 

What am I NOT doing?  Plotting and planning about all the YUMMIES I'm going to eat.  Because I already know what the yummies I WILL eat are.  Grilled shrimp by the bucketfull.  Ceviche.  And I'm sure the resort can scare up some grilled veggies for me.  =)  I'm not daydreaming about the flan or the pastries or anything else they might try to throw my way, I can wave it away with one hand and say "no thanks, that's not my food".

And that ISN'T my food, because this IS my life.

Real life in progress.  And loving it!

Be on plan this week!  The blogs will still come but they may be every OTHER day while I'm in Puerto Rico.  Remember your goals.

No comments: