Sunday, February 24, 2013

NewYou Version 2.0 is available for download, would you like to proceed?

I just watched a rather heartbreaking and realistic movie about the addiction of overeating called "lbs".  To say it disturbed me to watch it would be an understatement, partially because I honestly thought it was a documentary that one man set out to film about his own journey.  It was not touted as a Documentary but for some reason I had the impression that it was.

This movie captured the essence of the addiction of overeating.  This movie had me cheering and crying and confused and happy, in no particular order because I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone.

It put a very human face on a very misunderstood issue.

Not that I needed a human face for this misunderstood issue, after all I have a mirror and I have confronted my own issues as regards this area and found much freedom with this plan and Take Shape For Life.

I rather feel like one day I received a message pop-up on my computer that said "NewYou Version 2.0 is available for download, would you like to install?" and I did.  I hit the "install" button, knowing that it would take work, and blood, and sweat, and tears, much as this gentleman in this movie had to face. 

NOT hitting that "install now" button I would have received this warning "failure to download will cause Stacy to revert back to her default settings...." and that is the choice I make every day.  Rebooting and installing the daily updates to my program.  Because failure to do this may cause me to revert back to my original settings, which caused me to weigh 272 pounds and walk with a cane at 40 years of age.

Every single day I make the conscious choice to install the updated NewYou Version 2.0.  How do I do this?  By consciously continuing on in the Habits of Health.  By taking my temperature and finding out what I need to do THIS DAY, TODAY, to attain and maintain a healthy weight.  Because today is all I've got to worry about.  Which doesn't mean I don't worry.  MY worry is that one morning I'll wake up and decide not to care that day.  MY worry is that I'll revert to my default settings for too many days in a row and NOT CARE.

MY worry is that I won't be vigilant ENOUGH, catch myself after a slip up and DECIDE to orient myself again towards health.  MY worry is that I'll run out of reasons to care.

So, every day I take stock.  I remember my blessings.  I remember my family.  I remember the reasons to care.  Because for me, apathy is a sure fire way of reverting to my original morbid class 4 Super Obese status.  And THAT is my only worry.  That one day I won't care enough.

But that day is not today.  And Lord willing it will not be tomorrow.  And that is really all we can ask for, isn't it?  Taking every day as it comes, deciding TODAY which direction we will point our toes, and then take the steps to get us where we need and desire to go?

Where do YOU desire to go today?  Are you apathetic and in danger of defaulting to your original settings?  Or are you hitting that "install now" button and actively taking a part in your own health destiny?

Because they guy in "Lbs" did that.  Until he didn't.  And I never want to be "that guy" again.

A little introspective tonight, a little shaken up by that movie.  I highly recommend it but it is NOT kid friendly so wait until the little ones are in bed and even then use earphones.  It is available for FREE on demand streaming video if you are an Amazon prime member.

Our health is a gift we give to ourselves, and I never EVER want to take that for granted.

And as a side note, I used to operate solely in the realm of fear and worry.  I find that I don't do that much anymore because hope and optimism have worked out much better for me, (sorry to my Irish ancestors, I realize you are rolling in your graves right now....LOL), so to hear me talk about "worrying" that something will happen means it is a big deal. 

Do I REALLY "worry" that I will revert to my default settings?  No, deep down I do not because I am building my life and organizing my life around what matters most to me.  But one day at a time, right?

No comments: