Sunday, February 17, 2013

Healthy Rocks!

Can I just tell you how much being healthy ROCKS? 

I wish I could really show you what taking the opportunity to choose optimal health can mean in a life.  But you will have to discover what it means in YOUR life, one day at a time. 

For me, it means being able to trail-run with a 500 ft elevation for 3 miles round-trip today in the Arizona sunshine on South Mountain.

For me, it means going in the Caribbean ocean last week IN A SWIMSUIT and SWIMMING.  It meant being comfortable in the hot tub later on.  It meant dancing in a strapless dress and only being a LITTLE bit afraid the dress was going to have a wardrobe malfunction LOL.

It means hiking in the rainforest.

It means being able to sea kayak without giving a second thought to whether I will sink the boat or not.

It means smiling about 95% of my day instead of only 5% of my day.

It means sharing my story and the hope that can be ANYONE'S if only they will reach out and do the work, one day at a time.

It truly is a transformative journey that is very worth taking in my book.  And I cannot imagine what my life would be like today if I had not chosen to take this road.

Is it hard?

Yeah, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAA so what?  Anything worth doing is hard.  Raising my son to be a little man is hard does that mean I'm not going to do it?  Getting monthly labs to check on his kidney transplant is hard but does that mean I'm not going to do it?  Getting my running shoes on and heading out the door is sometimes hard.  But really, so what.  Honestly.  Since when did "it is hard" become a reason NOT to do something? 

So onward with our goals, with our struggle.  As Freya says, "Dieting is hard.  Being fat is hard.  Choose your hard."

I would change that to "Choosing health is easy.  Being fat is hard.  No brainer."

No comments: