Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I need your advice....

I have a friend who has recently gotten out of an abusive and co-dependent relationship.

She made a clean break.

This relationship caused her physical harm.  Threatened her health.  She had clarity of mind when she realized it had to end, and took steps to sever the bonds and enter in to more healthy relationships.

In fact, she is now IN a healthy relationship, but at times she gets lonely for the guy who abused her.  She has asked me my opinion, whether or not I think that she should have a "cheat day" and go back into the arms of that abusive and co-dependent state, just for one day, or maybe once per week or once per month. 
She knows that she can always go back to her healthy relationship the next day, so she sees no problem with the occasional "cheat day".
After all, we have to learn how to HANDLE unhealthy relationships, right?  If we have ONLY healthy relationships, then how in the world will we learn?
 



What should I tell her?

No comments: