Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Difference

So many people ask me what is different about losing the weight "this time".  And it is different, I can tell you that with the utmost certainty. 

So what IS the difference?  I am the same person, with the same past, the same life experiences, etc.  So what IS the difference?  Why am I ABLE to keep it off this time when I wasn't before? 

There are three things that I can tell you are different this time as opposed to the last time.  Firstly, I read Dr. A's Habits of Health and am internalizing what I'm reading.  Secondly, I had the support and encouragement of someone who came alongside me and who I checked in with every week.  Thirdly, I BECAME one of those people who encourage others.

In helping others, I am helping myself.  In encouraging others, I am encouraging myself.  No matter if it were an "official" capacity or an "unofficial" one, the fact that I am interested in and helping others on their journeys really allows me to reinforce my own journey daily.

So I want to encourage anyone out there who may be keeping Medifast to themselves.  I guarantee if you share it with others, and help them accomplish their goals and dreams also, it can do nothing but encourage you in your own.  Let's get the word out! 

I have heard many times "well if it is such a miraculous program, why isn't everyone doing it?"  Many reasons for that, but let's not let one of the reasons be that we aren't sharing it with others, that they don't have the information or even KNOW about it. 

I intend to continue shouting from the rooftops that this country is in dire need of intervention, and this program is the answer to the epidemic of obesity that is running rampant in this country. 

DID you know that if CURRENT OBESITY TRENDS continue to the year 2030, 90% of the population will be OBESE? 

That is ninety percent.  9-0-%.  We can't let this happen.  And health starts with US.

So let's all work on our health today.  Then let's share it with others and inspire them to change.  Because change IS possible.  It is not just a pipe-dream when there is action set to it. 

Happy TSFL-ing!  Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: