Monday, September 30, 2013

Every Day We Get to Choose!

Every day is a new day to decide which direction we will go today.

Will we go towards health?  Or will we go towards self indulgence? 

Will we feed our souls or will we feed our inner brats?

Because whomever we DO feed gets stronger.

Do we want stronger resolve and determination?  Or do we want a stronger inner brat?

You know, I used to take my inner brat for granted.  I didn't realize that there may come a day where she could actually overpower me.  I was playing with fire.

I'd feed her for a few days, and think "I can always get back on plan" and it was the "always" bit which lulled me into a false sense of security as I'd watch the scale creep up 5 pounds, 10 pounds, 15 pounds, 20 pounds, always thinking "oh yeah, a few weeks of Medifast can take care of that....."

So where are YOU in the process?  Are you in that false sense of security where you can "always" get back to it "tomorrow"?

Well, today IS yesterday's "tomorrow".  So are you doing it?

If not, why not?  What could POSSIBLY be more important that your health?  Right now, this moment, this SECOND, make the CHOICE, the conscious decision, the commitment, to get on plan.  Not tomorrow.  Today.  Not this evening.  Now.  Not after you've had your "last meal" of your favorite tastiness.  Not after you've had that last candybar or package of potato chips or peanut-butter cheese crackers out of the vending machine at the end of the hall.  Not after you finish off that block of cheese you bought just yesterday.

Now.  It's decision time.  Time to rumble with that inner brat and make the decision to be healthy again.

Who's with me?

No comments: