Sunday, June 1, 2014

Making the Fundamental Decision to be Ultra Healthy!

That Dr. A is a genius! 

Now that I've attained OPTIMAL HEALTH and maintained it for some time now, I have made the FUNDAMENTAL DECISION to move in to ULTRA HEALTH.  I didn't make the decision lightly.  I am enjoying Optimal Health immensely, and have been "able" to hold on to a few of my favorite things in "maintenance" that I was hesitant to give up. 

But I'm ready.

What is ULTRA HEALTH?  It is described in Dr. A's Habits of Health, Part III.  Begins in Chapter 22 and continues to the end of the book.

I have to admit, although I've skimmed these sections in order to read the entire book, these sections didn't appeal to me at the time because I was not yet living life in OPTIMAL Health, or WAS living in OPTIMAL HEALTH but did not yet desire ULTRA HEALTH so it seemed like information I didn't quite need in my journey yet.

Now I need it.  Now I want it.  Now I'm making the life-changing decision to even go farther into health than I have previously been.  Like, EVER.

And I'm keeping focused on what I want to CREATE with this process.  When I do that, what I will necessarily need to GIVE UP pales in comparison.  Instead of looking at "what I can I eat (read "get away with") to maintain my optimal health (weight)", which occasionally included a piece of milk chocolate or gummi bear, I am looking at the bigger picture of "what awesome things will being in Ultra Health allow me to bring into my life?".  When I look at it like this, when I consider those possibilities, the milk chocolate and occasional gummi bear truly pale in comparison.

It is a hopeful and optimistic process, one that I've practiced daily for the last 4 years.  So this is just the next step on the process, it doesn't involve learning a brand-new way of thinking.  It is one step further in the thinking I have already intentionally developed daily over the last 4 years.

Wow.  I'm freaking excited. 

No comments: