Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Vacation Blog! Letters from the Beach

I've been MIA for a few days due to excruciatingly slow and intermittent internet service at our Beach Apartment, so I apologize!  =)

One thing that vacations always reinforce with my thinking is that every day we make a choice.  And not even every day, sometimes it is every CHOICE we make a choice.

Will this lead me closer to my goal of optimal health or farther from it?

And it is not a moral decision.

So there is no shame attached to the decision.

So often in my life I have associated eating or drinking "off-plan" items with shame, guilt, and failure.

I am continually learning to let that go, and just see it for what it is, an objective decision.

Mindlessness, however, DOES remain the enemy.  Vigilance IS necessary in order to stay focused on our goals.  Because I can never take a vacation from my body, it will always process extra calories as fat.  I will ALWAYS expand, my jeans will ALWAYS get tighter if I make a series of decisions over a few days which DON'T take me towards optimal health.

So yes, no guilt, but very real consequences. 

During this vacation season, never cease evaluating your decisions.  I wear my "Stop!  Challenge!  Choose!" bracelet everywhere I go, it is a constant reminder of what I am trying to achieve in my life.




And I will continue to achieve it, day by day, choice by choice.

Rinse and repeat!

No comments: