Saturday, January 5, 2013

Too Many Choices!

As I sit here reminiscing on another year gone by, I am floored by the sheer amount of choices I get to make each day!

I get to decide whether I'd like to go for a bike ride, a run, a swim, a walk.

I get to choose whether I'd like to wear my size 4 jeans or my size 6 dress for my next outing.

I get to choose whether I'll wear my knee-high leather boots with that, or my 3-inch heels.

I get to choose to work towards my habits of health today, or my habits of disease.

I choose health.

Because 2 years ago my only choices were XXXL ratty old sweatpants with holes in the thighs, and 4XL men's t-shirts.  Oh and yes, my old worn out "sensible" shoes.

Two years ago I could either choose to sit on the couch and use the remote to switch the channels, or heave myself up to get a snack from the kitchen before watching "The Biggest Loser" and wondering if I should apply.  I did qualify, after all.

No, I'll take my current choices over my options 2 years ago any day and twice on Sundays.

Thank you TSFL!  Thank you Susan (my health coach) and most of all, thank you ME for making the choices and choosing health even though there were days that I faltered.  I am oriented towards health, and health is where I will stay.

No comments: