Friday, January 1, 2016

January 1st AGAIN!


Friday, January 1, 2016

January 1st! Again!



Well, January 1st has done it again!  
It has arrived!  2016! 

So what am I going to DO with it?  A whole new YEAR with a whole new set of POSSIBILITIES!  

As I ponder this blank slate that time has provided me, I really do get excited, and a little bit retrospective on the previous year, 2015.  Although I didn't accomplish all I wanted to accomplish in 2015, the wonderful thing is that I can simply move forward, set my goals, and continue growing.

The questions I ask myself for the previous year are these:
What happened?
What did I miss?
What's next?

I do this NOT to beat myself up over the last year by going to to that place in my head which fosters piles of recrimination or regret.  No, it is merely to say "OK, so what can I START doing that I WASN'T doing in 2015?  

I've come up with an AWESOME list for myself, one that gets me jazzed, makes me feel hopeful, and one that stretches me in awesome ways.

1.  Focus TODAY, just TODAY, on my Healthy Habits.  
2.  Tomorrow, Rinse and Repeat.

What ARE these Habits of Health that I know WORK to create optimal health in myself?

It's not hard, and I don't have to go far to find them.  In fact, I've been familiarizing myself with them and practicing them to various degrees for 5 years now!  Some days, weeks, months, years I practice them more consistently than others.  This last year (2015) I got OUT of the habit of practicing my healthy habits.  THIS year I am focusing on practicing those healthy habits once again and firmly entrenching them in my day-to-day and hour-to-hour choices.

How I organize my day when I am practicing my Habits of Health is the following:

1.  I Wake up (always beneficial and highly recommended).
2.  Have breakfast, consisting of 1 Portion-Controlled Meal Replacement and 1 cup of coffee with 2 TBSP (real) half and half and 1 packet of splenda.
3.  While having breakfast I have my quiet time and read a few pages of Dr. A's Habits of Health Book.
4.  Do my morning correspondence (e-mails, facebook) while drinking 36 ounces of water with 1 Calorie-Burn Flavor infuser mixed in.
5.  Write a Journal or write a blog-entry, work on personal development, which can include Bible Study outside the home, Chamber of Commerce meetings, online courses in areas of interest to me (presently I am listening to podcasts on "Storytelling" and "Uncluttering your Life and Soul").
6.  Have my second Portion-Controlled Meal Replacement and shower and dress for the day. 
7.  Get my shoes on and get out the door for some walking, hiking, or running, followed by a 30 minute far-infrared sauna.
8.  Have my second Portion-Controlled Meal Replacement and shower and dress for the day.
9.  Go to the grocery store for the "daily veg".
10.  Prepare and eat a healthy "Lean and Green" lunch consisting of a fixed amount of protein and vegetables, while consuming 36 more ounces of water.
11. The afternoon consists of appointments, errands, housework, schoolwork, playing with my son, talking with my husband.
12. Portion-Controlled Meal Replacement at 3:00 pm.
13. Portion-Controlled Meal Replacement at 6:00 pm, and drink 36 more ounces of water.
14. Unplug from my computer & turn off the TV at 8:30 pm
15. Portion-Controlled Meal Replacement at 9:00 pm.
16. Bedtime, 9:30 pm.

This, in a nutshell, is my day if anyone was wondering.

I log my food, I wear my fitbit, I keep my goals clear in my head.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I've been following your journey for a while. I, too, lost weight with medifast but gained most of it back. I'm starting again today, but it is so hard for me this time around. I'm an emotional eater and needless to say there have been lots of emotions in the recent past. I was at 215, dropped down to 130, and now am back at 205. I was reading your blog about your closet and wondering if 2015 was not so good for you? Well, anyway, I wanted to thank you for sharing your journey and your encouragement...it seems to be very similar to mine. I wish you well and thank you for your encouraging words and your frankness about the struggle with food and our health. :) I'll be checking back often to read your posts.