Thursday, July 31, 2014

I'm Happiest When I'm Living My Best Life

There is a common theme in my brain these last few weeks, and I was finally able to put it into simple words that even I can understand.  =)

I have come to the conclusion that I am most joyful and most happy when I am living my BEST LIFE.

For me, these joyful happy emotions first appeared only a few weeks into my program back in 2010, because although I needed to lose 150 pounds and was only a few weeks into the process, I was INTO THE PROCESS.  I was doing, daily, everything I needed to do in order to move myself IN to living my best life. 

Being the person I 'might have' been.

When I was a little girl and dreampt about my future life, it did not occur to me that I would get married at 22 then proceed to gain 10-15 pounds per year over the next 10 years.  I did not consider it on my wish list that I would become so morbidly obese that I was as big around as I was tall.  Never did I write in my girlhood journal in sparkly ink that I couldn't wait for the day I would get physically stuck in the turnstiles at Disneyworld. 

So to say my life, at 40 years old, had not turned out the way I had planned or imagined, is accurate.  I had a deep seated sense of disappointment in life and mostly disappointment in myself and how I had been LIVING my life which had taken up permanent residence in my brain.

But two-to-three weeks into the process of Take Shape For Life, I have to say that those stormclouds began to dissipate.  I began to believe, to actually BELIEVE, that it MAY be possible to live my BEST life and make my ACTUAL dreams come true for myself and for my family.

And guess what happened?  I am living my best life.  I am no longer a disappointment to myself or, although they would never say it I still felt it, to my family.  I am living my dreams of being a fit and healthy woman who is modeling health for herself, her family, and her community.  I have made a career out of helping other people, and I am back at school also to get my Masters Degree in Obesity Prevention and Management, and frankly I'm more excited about getting onto the ASU Campus and showing anyone I can HOW OBESITY CAN BE KICKED TO THE CURB! !  If you had taken a snapshot of my life now and shown it to me 5 or 10 years ago?  I would scarce have believed it.  You see, I spent most of my adult life HOPING I could change, but not ACTUALLY changing.  Intent is NOT action.  Hope is NOT a strategy.

And to say that is a FREAKING MIRACLE is NOT an understatement.  It is the MIRACLE of applying ACTION to INTENT, which we ALL have the power to do in our own lives.  It is the miracle of ALLOWING FOR THE PASSAGE OF TIME and remaining CONSISTENT and MINDFUL of your goals, and acting in a manner which will take you TOWARDS them not AWAY from them.

Do this, my friend, do THIS, and you can live YOUR best life too. 

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: