Thursday, December 13, 2012

You CAN do this, but only YOU can do this!

This was a brand new concept for me when I learned it, but it has changed my life.

Ever feel like the cards are just stacked against you?  Ever feel like everyone in the office is out to sabotage your weight loss efforts?  Ever feel like your MIL made that lasagna out of spite, that she doesn't want you to succeed?  Ever feel like your cat who just hurled a big juicy one on the kitchen counter where you make your morning shake is determined to see you fail?

Well, I have one concept for you to remember which will especially come in handy for the next 3 weeks of seemingly endless office potlucks, open houses, and family get-togethers.

Are you ready for it?  Well it's in the title so I already gave it away. 

You CAN do this, but only YOU can do this.  It isn't your co-workers responsibility to throw down rose petals in front of you as you walk, or stop making microwave popcorn on the break because it might throw YOU over the edge.  It isn't your MIL's intent (well maybe it is, but you don't have to let on that you are aware of it) to sabotage your weight loss efforts, and even if it IS, isn't the best response to get healthy anyway?  Your cat is just your cat, and is disinterested at best.  =)

So let me ask you, are you at the point yet where you are realizing that this journey is up to NO ONE BUT YOU?  That YOU determine how you will act today?  And that your body will respond to what you put into it today, whether it be a perfectly 100% On Plan Day or whether you throw yourself under the bus before lunch with those Starbucks Cake Pops?  Yeah I'm talking to YOU LOL. 

And I'm talking to myself also.  I am going on a cruise this next week, and I have planned to set myself up for success.  I already know that wine is my weakness, I already know that chocolate mousse has the power IF I ALLOW IT THAT POWER, to charm me right over the edge.  I could blame it on the waiter for asking.  I could blame it on the menu for listing it.  I could even blame my sweet Father, who is taking my sister's family and my family on this wonderful cruise, and say he is really out to get me.  Sure, I could do all of that.  But at the end of the day, my success depends solely on the decision I am willing to make at any particular moment.

No one is duct taping me to a chair and forcing me at gunpoint to say "I'd like a glass of house red please".  Not one person.  Well, I could argue that my inner brat has secretively been taking target practice lessons without my knowledge, she does seem to get smarter every day, but no.  I digress.  My point here is that no matter what happens to ANY of us over the next 3 weeks, it is our responsibility and ONLY our responsibility to make our OWN decisions.

So, come January 1st, what will you be able to say?  Will you say "I did it!" and be down 5-10 pounds from where you are right now? 

Or will you be one of the ones who say "Blah blah blah stressful blah blah blah my sister blah blah blah my MIL blah blah blah stupid cat blah blah blah wine blah blah blah office party couldn't offend blah blah blah no one knows I'm on Medifast blah blah blah couldn't blow my cover blah blah blah
?"  

Cuz you know it is only YOU who can do this.  You do know that, right?

(And just one more afterthought....if no one knows you are on Medifast then you may as well NOT lose weight.  So you are kind of shooting yourself in the foot there.)

Happy Medifasting!

No comments: