Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 2 Done

I have just completed what I have determined will be my last "day 2" EVER. My committment is to lose the 70 lbs I recently gained and be done with this compulsion. I will do what it takes to shed the weight and work through my issues with food.

My story seems old hat to me, but I'll share briefly. Started MF July of 06 after a super-scary incident, was determined to shed the weight. I started at 266, and 14 months later clocked in at a lean and trim 130. Went from a size 26 to a size 2-4P. Check out my pictures, they are awesome if I do say so myself.

Then all chaos broke loose. I got pregnant so i couldn't transition properly, had a miscarriage at 12 weeks, postpartum depression and then my Mom died. One month after my Mom died we came out to the Ronald McDonald House here in Palo Alto for my son's Kidney transplant which happened on May 20th. We have to stay here through August, and then I'll be back to my own house where I can control what is in my kitchen.

During all the emotion/stress/uncertainty of this last year, I have put on 70 lbs again. Originally I thought I might wait until the end of August to re-start, but as I see the scale getting closer and closer to 200 I realize I can't afford to do that. After many re-starts and "I'm going to do better tomorrows" I decided yesterday enough was enough. I saw 199.6 on the scale and decided I'd flirted enough with disaster. Time to just do it, no matter how I feel.
I have a beautiful wardrobe ranging from size 2-6 at home now, and by golly I will be fitting into those again by Christmas. it's my Christmas present to myself this year. I refuse to put up with any more of my shenanigans. So here I go.

We're all in this together, but it is ultimately our personal decision whether to stay on the program or not to. When I do stay on, it works. Here's to staying on. No matter what.

No comments: