Saturday, August 27, 2016

Instead of "Preventing Something Awful From Happening" let's "Make Something Amazing Happen!"

The medical and academic culture is rife with trying to discover "things to avoid" in order to "not live an unhealthy life".

I think it's time for a major intervention and paradigm shift in our thinking as a society.

How about instead of "trying to avoid" things that we "don't" want in our lives, we go about the business of CREATING what we DO want in our lives?

Like health.

So much of the literature these days focuses on "what not to do" or "what not to eat", so much so that we could create encyclopedia-length lists of things NOT to do and NOT to eat.

I've decided to live life from a perspective that CREATES my BEST days, which are in FRONT of me, instead of attempting to "mitigate the inevitable decline" of my health or my life.

How do I do that? Why do I do that?

Because people don't make significant life changes based on FEAR, FORCE or FACTS. People make significant sustainable life changes first by finding a group of people or a person or an ideal which inspires them, gives them HOPE that a change is possible. Then they LEARN the habits and skills needed to create and sustain the NEW life or lifestyle, and finally they REMAIN in community with like-minded people who have MADE and sustained that life change.*

It has nothing to do with "preventing illness" it has everything to do with "creating an abundant thriving life which is then a JOY to continue living.

*Concepts from the book "Change or Die" by Alan Deutchmann




No comments: