Sunday, May 31, 2015

It's Hard Sometimes!

It's hard sometimes.  Realizing that my body has limitations, that it will always respond to the instructions I give it, I have to say, sometimes I catch myself having a little pity party with thoughts such as "Why can I just be be "normal" and eat "normal" and live a "normal" life?  Why do I have to log and measure everything I put in my mouth?  Why, if I go off my eating plan for a couple of days, will the weight just pop on magically with NO regards to how hard I worked to get it OFF in the first place?"

Well, to that I have to say "suck it up, Buttercup!"  Yep.  Then I pull out my Dr. A's Habits of Health book, my "Refuse to Regain" book, my "Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It" book and take some time to reboot my brain.

Because I know when I'm thinking those thoughts I'm drifting down the rabbit-hole of denial and deprivation, and that is NOT the mindset I have trained myself over the years to have.

SO.  Let me talk for a moment about what is ACTUALLY hard.

Being FAT was hard.  People scrutinizing everything I put in my basket was hard.  Not fitting in to a booth seat at a restaurant was hard.  Needing to ask for a seatbelt extender on an airplane was hard.  My son calling my "Sully" from Monster's Inc. was hard.  Knowing I wasn't living my best life was hard.

Being fat is hard.  Losing weight is hard.  Choose your hard.

No comments: