Friday, November 1, 2019

My snugglebuggle Julian


My snugglebuggle, Julian.


My snugglebug Julian and I kickin' back on the couch. He's feeling a little better, no fever today, and super-snuggly.
One of the huge reasons I love our vocation (Independent OPTAVIA Coaches) is that Dave and I get to BE with our son Julian Xane Phillips, as a fully-present family.
Time is a non-renewable resource. I was reminded of that last week when I turned 50, but to be honest I didn't need that reminder because my reminder is a little dude we call "Sunshine" who came into our lives 15 years ago, and brought a whole lot of meaning purpose passion and - CHANGE - into our lives.
In order to BE the parents we wanted to be, in order to be GOOD STEWARDS of this amazing human being, this gift-of-a-boy God entrusted to us, we needed to CHANGE just about every one of our unhealthy habits, not simply our unhealthy PHYSICAL habits (of not taking care of ourselves, of emotional-eating, of using food and drink as coping mechanisms, etc) but we needed to change our unhealthy habits of THINKING (which contributed to our unhealthy physical habits).
Can I say it's been the hardest and best journey of my life to date? I think that's a pretty fair assessment, sums it up nicely, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments: