Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I KNEW IT!

I knew it!  

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/bodywork/performance-plate/Train-Your-Brain-to-Crave-Healthy-Foods.html

This an interesting article, and while reading it I realized that our program DID exactly what this article is saying FOR me! I LOVE awesome healthy food now! It says that in order to rewire your brain to crave healthy food, you "swap out" what you WERE eating before for, "high-fiber, high-protein meals that tastes similar to what the dieters used to eat, effectively tricking and re-wiring the reward-seeking part of the brain and conditioning people to prefer healthier foods." Our program is a portion-controlled meal-replacement program where you eat 5 of the meals provided by the program (they send it them to you) and 1 meal of protein and vegetables that you make yourself. The meal options of the portion-controlled meal-replacements range from sloppy joe to brownies (yes, I could have 5 brownies in a day and be "on plan"), mac-and-cheese, mashed potatoes, mango soft serve ice cream, cinnamon pretzels, chili-nacho cheese puffs, BBQ bites, ziti marinara, soft bake chocolate chip cookies, etc. An argument I've heard from people is "but it doesn't teach you how to eat healthy" and I've always known this to be incorrect intuitively, because I DO know how to eat healthy and I credit our program for rewiring my brain to do just that! Evidence-based, my friends, evidence-based.

At the beginning of my journey I used to get that question ALL of the TIME!  "But you aren't learning how to eat for the rest of your life...."

You know, thinking back, that would discourage me.  Although I knew that is WAS teaching me, I couldn't put it into words for them OTHER than to tell them that I prepare a healthy Lean and Green every day which DOES teach me, and I was ALSO learning the habit of eating breakfast every day, AND eating smaller portions.  I was learning how to FUEL my body and not overeat.  I was learning to take CARE of my body and not feed it JUNK.  And now, scientific EVIDENCE proves that my mind was being REWIRED in the process to crave healthy food!  So just another example of how our program DID TEACH me how to EAT for the rest of my life.

It allowed me to change my habits, change my motivation, change my life, change my wants, change EVERYTHING about myself which I had been majorly hung up on for most of my adult life up until then!  

Yes, friends, this program worked, works, is working, will work.  I have learned how to be HEALTHY.  

Rinse and Repeat!

No comments: