Monday, August 20, 2007

Tried on My Wedding Dress-From 15 Years Ago!

Tried on My Wedding Dress......From 15 Years Ago!

Yes. You read it right. I got up the courage today to try on the wedding dress I haven't worn or tried on since...well since my wedding in December 1991! It was a wonderful trip down memory lane, and instead of shame, which I would have felt, oh, for the last 13 years, at looking at it and trying it on, I actually felt hope! I got it on...I did NOT get it zipped. But I will. By the last day of summer, September 22nd, by gosh and by golly I will get it zipped and hubby and I will go out on the town!

That will be the realization of a dream for me. A dream of someday being fit and healthy again. A dream of my husband thinking I'm beautiful again. Of remembering what attracted him to me. A dream of youth! Just to compare sizes, this dress is a size 8. And I can't wear it. That shows you that sizes have changed over the years!

I also tried on my "goal dress" in a size 8 that I bought from White House/Black Market on sale in the spring, I bought it for a wedding I will attend July 7th. People, that one I can get zipped up! I'm so excited. I can zip it up almost to the top, there is about 1/2 inch left but I didn't want to push it. I think in 4 1/2 weeks and 80 miles (of running) I'll be able to zip that baby up no problem! What do you think? I'm excited, can you tell? I'll try the wedding dress on every month too, to see how close I'm gettin'.

Wow wow wow. MF works. MF works if you work MF and give it time. MF works if you don't give in to your cravings TOO OFTEN. Granted, I've gone "off" program about 8 times since I started last July. But every time it's temporary and I'm back with a vengeance, usually putting even more requirements on myself to beat my will back into being in control. (If that makes sense at all...)

I always have to have a new challenge. Whether it be "goal jeans" or "goal wedding dress" or a "1/2 Marathon" or a "10K" or a "20 year High School Reunion (coming in October!)" Whatever it is, I like to rise to the occasion. Anyway, thats about it! Had my oatmeal this morning with my coffee, (with 1 TBSP half and half instead of 2) and then a RTD shake...then another RTD shake, then salmon and brocolli and red peppers with 2 TBSP low cal/low fat dressing, then a regular Dutch Chocolate shake. My last meal will be another regular shake. I've been trying to keep it to mostly shakes, and no bars lately. Gotta get out of the 150's! Me and Tchikki, we be in a race! =)

No comments: