Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm a Runnin' Fool!

I never ever thought I would be able to say that. But I am a running fool. I have been doing the "Couch Potato to 5K in 9 Weeks" running program podcasts, and they have been absolutely wonderful! Big thanks and kudos to the guy who put those together! So, I'm on week 8 right now, and I've actually skipped to doing the running in week 9, although I'm not skipping week 9. I'll do the same regimen for week 9. The normal regimen for week 9 is to run for 30 minutes. In this guys' stride, 30 minutes is about 3 miles or 5K. Not in my stride. In my stride, it takes 40 minutes for me to do 5K. I know, because I did 5K last night. I can't believe it, I ran 3 miles. Me. Without stopping! I entered my first 5K in about 25 years yesterday! I registered for the "Canine Classic" which is a 5K and 10K...I'm doing the 5K bit...around Boulder Reservoir just outside Boulder Colorado. I live about 20 minutes from the 5K starting site, so should be great!

This 5K is a "qualifier" for the Bolder Boulder 10K at the end of May. I'm actually thinking of doing it! That's like 6.2 miles! It's about 1/4 marathon! I'm so stoked. My body is really changing now that I've stepped up the running. I've decided that 3 miles is going to be my normal regimen 2X a week, and then for the 3rd run it will be a longer one. This week I'm going to do 3 miles (yesterday) 3 miles tomorrow, and 4 miles on Saturday. FOUR MILES! Let's see if I can do it!

Ok, got to get my little man down for his nap...have a good day, all!

1 comment:

Ruthy said...

I totally, seriously, unabashadly hate running. I admire you. Good job!=0)