Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cleaning out my closet....AGAIN!

After losing 20 pounds in 2 months over May and June, I find myself back in my closet to do the big purge once again!  I want to encourage ANYONE who has been waffling on the plan trying to get that "last 10 or 20" pounds off to be in the midrange of a healthy BMI to just DO it.  It is SO worth it, and the changes I have seen in my body are downright exciting.

I have officially lost half of me now, starting at 272 I am down to 136.  And size-wise, up until a few months ago I had already given away all of my clothing that I had which was a size 26 Women's and down to about an 8, since I was comfortably in a size 4 in some things and up to a size 8 in other things (like dresses).

Well, no more.  The size 8 dresses are swimming on me, in fact I had a wardrobe malfunction at the convention when I realized that the fun and flirty print dress that had fit me like a glove in April was SO loose that it pretty much showed the entire world what color bra I was wearing!  Yes, pink.  I HATE it when that happens!  So, that dress is the first on the giveaway pile, and since losing that "last 20" I am now in to my size 2 dresses, and my size 2 jeans.  My 6's and my 8's in dresses are all going to Goodwill, and some of my size 4 jeans are just too big now.

I am still in awe of this program, and in awe of what it has allowed me to do in my own life to transform EVERYTHING, because it is NOT about "sizes" and "pounds".  It IS about lightening my burden, inside and out, and that has even extended to my house.  I am no longer a closet hoarder.  My garage is clean, we can actually park VEHICLES in there.

My closets are organized and tidy.  I don't have more dishware than I need, more tupperware containers than I need, more small kitchen appliances than I need or use!  I am achieving balance in every area of my life and it feels GOOD!  And attaining and maintaining a healthy weight was the catalyst for it ALL.

Here is the testimony of a fellow coach that I saw on my FB feed this morning, about the TSFL Convention and the "Company Store" for the logo shirts, etc.  It is truly amazing but not surprising:

In a forthcoming episode of the hit reality show, the 13-year-old gets ready to tackle the 'Pigzilla' - consisting of 3lbs of meat and a 1lb bun.
""I bought a size MEDIUM shirt. Yeah, I'm not just excited about this for me. Listen to this!!! At our Take Shape for Life National Convention, there was a TSFL store. By the end of Day 1 all of the Small and Mediums were sold out. I was fortunate enough to get a M shirt on Day 2 because I was talking to a sales associate who had just done a return. The store was full--but mostly of XL and XXL. This was the first year TSFL outsourced the store to another company. Here's what the associate told me. "We represent other weight loss companies so we thought we knew exactly what we needed. But we've never seen anything like this! We always sell out of the XXL and the XL and hardly sell any S or M. But not with this company! I guess on those other programs people aren't really losing weight, but this is proof to me that you guys are!" HOW COOL IS THAT?!!!! As someone who wore a 3X when I started this program, I was grateful to pay for my size M shirt!"

No comments: